Photo Sundays: McLaren Vale Wineries, Adelaide

by April@MyFoodTrail on August 14, 2011

in Adelaide, Photo Sundays

I don’t know about other food bloggers, but personally, sometimes it can take me a couple of hours to get a post up. There is the time needed to edit my photos, plus the time I put into thinking what to write and occasionally, the words just don’t flow.

I haven’t had the time to dedicate to my blog recently (well, besides the epic weekend making the move over to WordPress!) so I realised I needed something to motivate me to post at least once a week but wouldn’t take as much time as a proper post. I thought I would start to do something I’m calling “Photo Sundays”. Every Sunday, I’m going to be posting just photos (and their descriptions). You can look at my photos without having to read my sometimes long winded babble 🙂

These photos are from our visit to McLaren Vale while in Adelaide for a friend’s wedding last year. Hubby loves his wine so he had a great time visiting all the different wineries.

Welcome to McLaren Vale, Adelaide sign
Welcome to McLaren Vale

Vines at Hugo Wines, McLaren Vale
The vines at Hugo Wines

Wirra Wirra Winery, McLaren Vale, Adelaide
The large wine bottle made out of wine corks at Wirra Wirra Winery

Rosemount Estate Winery, McLaren Vale
Rosemount Estate Winery

Chapel Hill Winery, McLaren Vale
Chapel Hill Winery

Thanh August 14, 2011 at 9:30 pm

It definitely takes me many hours to do a blog post. I did a similar Photo Friday thing where I would post each week. Did that for 17 weeks before I got lazy again and stopped. Hopefully you will keep going. Love the look of that massive wine bottle. How many corks are in that bottle?

P.S Why isn’t there an option to subscribe to comments?

April@MyFoodTrail August 14, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I’m impressed you even know that you did it for 17 weeks!
Not sure how many corks there are but I would guess it must be at least a thousand – it was a few metres tall.
Thanks for alerting me, I have now added the Subscribe to Comments plugin (and hopefully it works!).

Thanh August 17, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I was really into posting photos then.

Now I can subscribe to comments. Are you going to give me a prize for alerting you to this fact? 🙂

April@MyFoodTrail August 18, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Hehe, you get the prize of satisfaction of alerting me 😛

Michelle Chin August 15, 2011 at 6:46 am

I often find myself having things to write about… but again, it’s the picture editing part that takes time!

April@MyFoodTrail August 15, 2011 at 10:03 am

I find that writing takes alot more thought than photo editing!

mademoiselle delicieuse August 15, 2011 at 10:21 am

It takes me at least a couple of hours to get a blog post done – and that’s when everything’s moving along smoothly. Blogging about degustations just about kills me and is mostly done over 2 evenings! Congrats on your successful move across to Wordpress =)

P.S. That wine cork bottle is awesome!

April@MyFoodTrail August 15, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Thanks Rita!

Yes, degustations take so long to write, or basically any occasion you have more than a few dishes! I love trying a lot of things though!

//tomatoeggs August 15, 2011 at 5:35 pm

How long would a bottle of wine that big last ? XD

April@MyFoodTrail August 15, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I would have to say, I don’t think it’s humanly possible to drink the amount of wine that bottle could fit in a lifetime! It was GIANT!

penny aka jeroxie August 15, 2011 at 7:59 pm

It takes me forever for one blog post…. I just prefer to do photos 😛

April@MyFoodTrail August 15, 2011 at 9:26 pm

It seems a lot of bloggers think the same way. Always seems easier to edit photos than write the corresponding words!

msihua August 15, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I find that lately, I too am having trouble with writing. It is taking me longer and longer to put my thoughts into words. Much longer to try to make my posts entertaining.

April@MyFoodTrail August 16, 2011 at 9:27 am

I’m sure your readers will appreciate the effort though! 🙂

Nillawan September 1, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Yes, it does take me several hours if not more to do a blog post. My poor boyfriend just sits there patiently on the couch waiting for me to join him. That is why its so rewarding when people follow it and appreciates it. Sometimes I even think, “why am I doing this again?” ha ha.

April@MyFoodTrail September 6, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Yes, hehe, it is important for a blogger to have a patient non-blogging partner 🙂