The Cookbook Challenge: Week 3 Hor D’oeuvres theme round up

by April@MyFoodTrail on December 7, 2009

in Cookbook Challenge Roundups

Find out more about the Cookbook Challenge here.
Read more round ups here.

The Cookbook Challenge has once again grown this week and we now have 19 participants! It’s great to see and know people are utilising their cookbooks more and in some cases, making things they normally wouldn’t make!

This week saw a variety of different recipes, though Anthea and I both made stuffed mushrooms but with different recipes and Bri and I both made prawn toasts! We seem to have a drop off of people posting their recipes by the Sunday night cut off! Could it be that the excitement of a new challenge has died off for some people?! I guess in the same way you can let me know if you want to join the challenge, you can also let me know if you want to leave the challenge… though I guess I will get the picture when you have missed a few challenges!

Here is a list of everyone’s recipes in order of posting.
Ange from Vicious AngeVietnamese prawn rolls
Kate from Something by KateHerb meatballs with rich tomato sauce
Carolyn from Gluten ShmootenEggplant fritters with chilli jam
Anthea from What’s For Tea?Absolutely stuffed mushrooms
Kat from Spatula, Spoon & SaturdayMidye Dolamsi (Turkish stuffed mussels)
Arale79 from Meals on BudgetSeaweed chicken roll ups; Chicken rolled in sesame seeds
Shellie from Iron Chef ShellieParmesan wafer salad
Agnes from Off the SporkCoconut prawns
Leigh from Chit Chat ChompManchego & pineapple wedges; Vegetables rice paper rolls
Rilsta from My Food TrailStuffed mushrooms; Prawn toast; Potato latkes with smoked salmon
Sarah from The Sugar JunkieSausage rolls
Bri from Bri EatsSesame prawn toasts
Jo from Second HelpingScallops with fried olive crumbs and sumac
Adski from Totally Addicted to TastePork sausages
Cherrie from Sweet Cherrie PieSpinach, feta & tomato triangles

For those of you who haven’t had a chance to post your recipe yet, please let me know when you do and I will add you to the list!

Week 4 has already started with the theme of “beans”.

Happy cooking everyone!

Kay Lo | Citrus and Candy December 7, 2009 at 5:59 pm

I'm really loving your Cookbook Challenges! I love having the categories and the flexibility of choosing your own recipes. It's everything the Daring Cooks should be (and I thought it would be when I joined) but it's not! I think I'm in the wrong cooking group hehe.

Come 2010 I'd love to join in the fun! 😛

Good work girls!

Kat (Spatula, Spoon and Saturday) December 7, 2009 at 8:20 pm

I'm thinking beansprout laden dishes. you'll love it.

Anita December 8, 2009 at 8:15 am

I do love hearing about these challenges – it's a great idea! I agree with Karen, I'd like to join in the New Year 🙂 (but will let you know)
P.S. I've written a Thanks to you on my blog for the prize for your 100th post. I've already used it, although didn't write down the quantities for the dressing I made, so will wait to post a recipe using it.

bri December 8, 2009 at 10:09 am
Rilsta December 8, 2009 at 10:47 am

Hi Karen: Yeah, unlike the Daring Cooks and Daring Bakers group, we all don't have to cook the same recipe so people can make what they would like to eat within the constraints of the theme. Look forward to you joining in 2010!

Hi Kat: Hahaha… very funny! For the rest of you, Kat is being sarcastic as I don't like beansprouts… but good idea for those who do!

Hi Anita: Sure, let me know if you want to join! 🙂 Thanks for the mention on your blog!!

Hi Bri: Thanks, have added it to the list!

OohLookBel December 8, 2009 at 11:05 am

This latest challenge of hor d'oeuvres is ideal for Christmas. It means we can just come here and get so many great ideas. Thanks!

Iron Chef Shellie December 8, 2009 at 11:59 am

Epic effort Rilsta!
x

Adrian @ Food Rehab December 8, 2009 at 8:18 pm

Nice work on those Stuffed Mushrooms. LOL at your point that hubby eating everything put in front of him…I can totally relate!!

Rilsta December 9, 2009 at 9:44 am

Hi Belle: I know! When I was making them I was wishing I had held some kind of party, but at least it is a good trial run!

Hi Shellie: Thanks love! 🙂

Hi Adrian: Hubby's pretty good at eating what I make, even though he doesn't like it! He just tells me never to make it again!!

Jo December 9, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Sorry I didn't get to post a recipe last week – we went away for a pre silly season stress break (lol) … will do both hor d'oerves and beans this week if that's okay?