The Cookbook Challenge: Week 2 Indian theme round up

by April@MyFoodTrail on December 2, 2009

in Cookbook Challenge Roundups

Find out more about the Cookbook Challenge here.
Read more round ups here.

Week 2 has come and gone and we have had 3 more people join the Cookbook Challenge! It’s never too late to join, so please let me know if you want to be added to the list.

Curries were the popular choice of recipe, with vindaloo being made the most. For the first time, we had Agnes and Carolyn use the same cookbook (Jamie’s Ministry of Food), though both made different recipes. We also had two dessert recipes from the Indian theme, one from Kate and one from Shellie. Here is a list of everyone’s recipes in order of posting.

Kate from Something by KateChai cupcakes
Arale79 from Meals on BudgetPork vindaloo
Carolyn from Gluten ShmootenChicken tikka masala
Jo from A Dash of FlavourDum Ka Murgh (Chicken in Yogurt)
Shellie from Iron Chef ShellieChicken tandoori pockets with raita; Pistachio & date kulfi
Kat from Spatula, Spoon & SaturdayLamb rogan josh & saffron rice
Agnes from Off the SporkLamb vindaloo; Roasted cauliflower with cumin, coriander & almonds
Maree from Melbourne DelectableSweet corn & potatoes with mustard seeds & mint; Pork vindaloo; Eggplant pickle
Ange from Vicious AngeKeralan fish curry
Yours Truly from AtelierChapatis & roadside café chicken; Eggplant curry
Leigh from Chit Chat ChompDhal
Bri from Bri EatsTandoori lamb cutlets with cucumber salad
Rilsta from My Food TrailChicken tikka
Adski from Totally Addicted to TasteFragrant chicken & spinach curry

For those of you who haven’t had a chance to post your recipe yet, please let me know when you do and I will add you to the list!

Week 3 has already started with the theme of “hor d’oeuvres”.

Happy cooking everyone!

Iron Chef Shellie December 3, 2009 at 4:12 pm

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I"M DOING THIS WEEK!!!!

… well I have one idea but this is my least favourite week.. perhaps I should buy a book on hor d'oeuvres ;)..noooo!
x

Anshika December 3, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Rilasta I too want to be a part of this cookbook challenge. But couldn't get what all I have to do. Can you please help me out.
Thanks !!

Anita December 3, 2009 at 10:10 pm

A lot of people have joined! It's such a great idea. I do need to use my cookbooks more.. perhaps I should join 🙂 although coming up to Christmas I'm flat out (here I am making excuses again….) hmmmm

Vee - A Melbourne Munchkin. December 4, 2009 at 9:05 am

Haha I have some time this weekend and was going to join in, but I don't have a cookbook with any hor d'oeuvres either! The universe is against me noo…

Rilsta December 4, 2009 at 9:32 am

Hi Shellie: I have made a new post with help on this week's theme! You don't need a new cookbook!

Hi Anshika: Please see this link for details on the Cookbook Challenge http://myfoodtrail.blogspot.com/2009/11/cookbook-challenge-is-underway.html. Let me know if you are still interested!

Hi Anita: I know! When I first started it, only 4 of us were interested! Let me know if you get some time and want to join. You can always join later.

Hi Vee: I made a new post with some help on this week's theme. You don't need a new cookbook!! I'm sure your existing cookbooks have something you can use. Let me know if you wanna join!

Maree December 15, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Hiya, I'm a couple of weeks behind, but hopefully can use this weekend to do a big catch up! The recipes are looking amazing!