The Cookbook Challenge: Week 1 Citrus theme wrap up

by April@MyFoodTrail on November 23, 2009

in Cookbook Challenge Roundups

Read more round ups here.

Thanks to everyone who has since joined the Cookbook Challenge. We started off with 4 people and at the time of writing, it has now grown to 15 people! Good on everyone for utilising their cookbooks more!

I had a great time reading everyone’s creations and drooling over all the photos! There was a good mix of sweet and savoury with everyone doing something different! It seems that lemon was the citrus of choice for many of us! Well done to those who did more than one recipe. Here is a list of everyone’s recipes in order of posting.

Arale79 from Meals on BudgetSquirrel patterned parrot fish with sweet & sour sauce
Ange from Vicious AngeLemon rice
Carolyn from Gluten ShmootenPreserved lemons, Moroccan style
Kate from Something by KateMicrowave lemon curd; microwave meringues; no-churn lemon & mascarpone ice cream
Agnes from Off the SporkRice & lemon soufflé
Shellie from Iron Chef ShellieLemon mousse & lemon madeleines
Kat from Spatula, Spoon & SaturdayInsalata di Strada (Italian Street Salad)
Jo from A Dash of FlavourNo bake chocolate orange tarts
Rilsta from My Food TrailLemon white chocolate mud cake with coconut white chocolate ganache
Maree from Melbourne DelectableFresh salmon & lime cakes; spaghetti with lime & rocket; roast lamb with preserved lemon
Yours Truly from AtelierHalibut in a velvet lemon sauce
Leigh from Chit Chat ChompLemon vanilla jam
B1 from Twin PalatesSerious orange cake
Bri from Bri EatsLemon cordial
Adski from Totally Addicted to TasteMaggie Beer’s Moussaka
Anthea from What’s for Tea?Avgolemono (Greek egg & lemon soup)

For those of you who haven’t had a chance to post your recipe yet, please let me know when you do and I will add you to the list!

Week 2 started today with the theme of “Indian”.

Happy cooking everyone!

Adrian @ Food Rehab November 23, 2009 at 1:09 pm

oooh…indian theme. I smell 'butter' chicken! The lemon white mud choc cake looked great.

Yours truly November 23, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Rilsta,

I managed to put my entry up as well…ugh…better later than never…:-)

Iron Chef Shellie November 23, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Ohhhhh I like what you've done here!

I just spilled lots of my Indian dish on the carpet… not happy!! I was going to bake as well, but after that messy incident I retire for the evening! 😛

Vee - A Melbourne Munchkin. November 24, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Eek how exciting! I might join in sporadically – will be moving around quite a bit in the next few months so can't commit permanently unfortunately! But great job here girl! And thanks for the advice on your last post – will definitely be taking it into account when I attempt the recipe!

chitchatchomp@yahoo.com.au November 24, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Mine's up now Rilsta! 1 down, 51 to go!

B1 @ Twinpalates November 24, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Hi Rilsta. I have posted my week 1 recipe up from Damien Pignolet's book

Rilsta November 24, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Hi Adrian: Thanks! Hehe, I think butter chicken is one of the first things people think of when you say Indian!

Hi Yours Truly: Thanks for your entry. I have added you to the list.

Hi Shellie: Oh crap!!! On carpet too! I hope you were able to get the stain out!!

Hi Vee: No worries! Just join in the weeks you can. Let me know when you do so I can add your entry to the wrap up!

Hi Chit Chat Chomp: Yes, week 1 is down! Thanks for your entry, I have added it now.

Hi B1: Thanks for your entry, I have added it now!

Twin Palates November 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm

I wonder who will be the first to double up on a recipe (or cookbook)

ozbloggers November 29, 2009 at 8:53 pm

hi, looking delicious in your blog 😀
anyway do visit http://www.ozbloggers.com

got a twitter account?

Rilsta December 2, 2009 at 12:14 pm

Hi Twin Palate: Yes, it will be interesting to see!

Hi ozbloggers: Thanks! My twitter account is on the right hand side bar, but my twitter name is myfoodtrail.

Erina January 29, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I've recently started a similar challenge!

Any tips?

Rilsta February 5, 2010 at 10:53 am

Hi Erina: That's cool! I found that having a weekly theme or something to work towards really helped when you didn't feel motivated!